Popular Posts

Monday, January 11, 2016

The Perfect Host (A Hidden Gem)



For those of us who use Netflix or any other kind of streaming service, we are all too familiar with taking a chance on a movie and it turning out to be awful.  Sometimes if I start a movie on Netflix and I get 20 or 30 minutes in and I'm uninterested, I'll just turn it off and do something else or find another movie.  Searching for quality movies worth investing two or even two and a half hours of our time can almost be as painful as trying to by a car (notice I said almost, buying a car is still more of a pain in the ass).  However, sometimes randomly taking a chance on a movie pays off and you actually find a good one.

In the case of The Perfect Host, the chance I took payed off big time.  This movie is by far one of the best movies I have ever seen.  The genre of movie that The Perfect Host falls under is psychological thriller mixed with elements of horror.  The twists and turns within the plot of this movie are more than likely enough to keep anyone entertained (who is interested in these genres of course).  The plot in a nutshell is difficult to put into words because I do not want to give the wrong impression about the movie or mislead anyone.  I, first and foremost, absolutely do not want to provide any spoilers because the twists built into the plot are what push this movie from good to great.  I could just be a simpleton, but the ending caught me completely off guard.

So, in light of not wanting to spoil anything for a future viewer regarding this movie, I will just say a few simple words about the plot.  Actually, using Netflix's description of the movie is sufficient, it says "A fugitive on the lam crashes a dinner party.  But he regrets it when the host has him convinced that he would have been better off hiding elsewhere."  If anyone is really interested in learning more about the plot, then go to IMDB or any other professional or amateur site and look it up.  You can also find other movie reviews sites to satisfy your curiosity.  However, I strongly suggest and recommend that anyone, who takes my recommendation at face value, not do any research on this film before you watch it.   I assure that the plot is excellent, acting is brilliant, and the twists that unfold at the end are well worth giving this film a shot.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics